Mantastic! We have set the overall life vision for You Pty Ltd. Now it’s time to set some goals. I like to do this by reverse engineering from 12-24 months into the future. Why? Because in 12-24 months you can create some dramatic change, build a business, increase your income, increase your skill set and massively change your life.
This time frame also allows you to focus.
Imagine two people with a picture puzzle. The first person has all of the pieces but no puzzle box to show them the picture they are creating. The second person has all of the pieces and the picture box, so they know exactly the picture they are creating.
Who do you think will finish the puzzle first? Obviously the second person because they know what they are creating.
However, most men in life are more like the first person. They get up each day and get busy at the puzzle without knowing what they are really trying to create. No wonder they end up unhappy.
What’s the moral of the story? Don’t be like the first person! Know what you are creating.
Let’s chat about you creating and living your version of a Mantastic Life now. Here are some questions to ponder before we get to writing down specifics.
• What does a 10/10 day look like for you?
• What’s happening in your business or career?
• How many hours per week do you want to be working?
• What are your financial goals? How much income do you need to live the lifestyle you want? At what age do you want to become financially dependent so that this lifestyle can be funded from your assets?
• What mentors (aka Mantors) do you need in your life to help you achieve your vision?
• What are the characteristics of the legends that you want to have in your life?
• What are the characteristics of your dream partner? What does your dream relationship look like?
• What will your Manbrand be? How will you dress? What car will you drive? What words will people use to describe you?
• What physical shape do you want to be in?
• What skills will you have mastered to have become more valuable to the marketplace?
• How often will you travel/ plan adventures and where to?
• And finally, if today was day 1 of your new life what would you do based on what you now know?
I do this by asking myself this question (and usually with a glass of wine by my side) “If I were to fast forward 2 years into the future and I had just had the most Mantastic 2 years ever what would my life look like and what would have happened?”
First, I list the key areas of:
• Career/ Business
• Wealth Creation/ Investing
• Mantastic Adventures/ Travel
• Health/ Fitness/ Physique
• Manbrand (Cars/ Cool things you have been able to add to your wardrobe)
• Self-development/ Skills learnt
• Things I have been able to do for others
Then I list the things that have happened in these areas to make my life Mantastic. I now have a vision and can figure out exactly what I have to do to bring it to life. The mission at hand for you right now is to do the same.
In 2 year’s time, if you had your most Mantastic 2 years ever - what would have happened?
The difference between a man who has a life vision and goals and a man who doesn’t is that one took 1-2 hours to commit his goals to paper and one didn’t. Commit your goals to paper.